The Seeing Stars®, Visualizing and Verbalizing®, and LiPS® programs are now approved interventions for the Arizona Department of Education Move On When Reading (MOWR) program.
Arizona’s MOWR policy is designed to provide students with evidence-based, effective reading instruction in kindergarten through third grade in order to position them for success as they progress through school, college, and career.
The purpose of the legislation is to identify struggling readers and to provide them with specific, targeted interventions so that they are reading at or above grade level by the end of 3rd grade.
Key components evaluated under MOWR include:
- RTI Framework – Tiers’ 1, 2, and 3
- Targeted Students – Struggling Readers, English Language Learners, Students with learning disabilities, including dyslexia, Special Education
- Intended Grade Levels – K-3 for MOWR Program, plus Grades 4 – 12
- Delivery Format – Online, In-person, Hybrid
- Group Size – Whole group, small group, one-on-one
- Elements of Science of Reading – Explicit, systematic, multisensory/multimodal
Intervention programs used with K-3 students in Arizona must meet one of the three top evidence tiers, as defined by ESSA. With this designation, Gander Publishing will work with Arizona educators to provide high quality programs and materials in meeting the literacy needs of students. Training in these programs and materials is provided by Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes. Click here for their schedule of upcoming Workshop events.
Socialize & Connect
Connect with us for the latest news, success stories,
research, promotions, and more!